Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blessings

Just sitting here at the airport thinking about all the blessings I have received. It's been a stressful past few weeks as I have just entered in a contract to buy a house! I'll be moving in in July. When I first saw the house on my daily Internet search, I knew I lived it. Ive been looking for a place, closer to work and family. I also wanted something with a relaxing, private back hard. This house has it all! Before I went to the uk for Easter, I put it on my list of houses to see. Upon my arrival home, my realtor informed me that the house was taken within five days. I started my daily search again and found another one in the same neighborhood. I had a list of three houses to see and wanted to see them immediately upon. My arrival of another trip. I wasn't going to let another good one slip by eventhough I was really tired, had a million things to do, and it was pouring down rain. My mom met me for the hunting adventure. I got a text from my realtor who said to meet at the house that was taken...I thought, "man, she's torturing me..showing me a comp? Showing me something I can't have?...". My mom and I went anyway. The realtor explained that the deal on that house fell through and it had JUST come back on the market!!! My mom and I walked through the house, didn't even walk outside (it was pouring down rain) and within ten minutes I told my realtor I wanted to make an offer. This is house number four for me...usually my house buying process is pretty analytical..list out pros and cons..evaluate the situation...no time for is, let's buy! The next day, I received bad news...."you are in a multiple offer situation, please provide your BEST offer..". I could feel the money slipping through my fingers. So I thought about it and I've been really wanting this neighborhood..the house is great..location...let's do it. I offered full asking price and a little more..,and a little more on top of that, just in case. at the last minute, my realtor told me that e only other thing I could do is write a letter. So I did. Amazingly enough, the words flowed through me very quickly. I told them how I loved their house, how this is exactly what I need...a relaxing oasis that I can come home after work and enjoy. I also explained how I'm adopting and I can envision my duaughter playing on the playlet and enjoying the freedom and safety of a fenced in yard, etc... Two days later, I got a phone call from. Y realtor. In the two days it was on the market, there were TEN offers!!!!! And they picked me!!!!!! I was told that many of the offers were within the same high range, but what did it was my letter, and my story about Isnaika. thank you God for giving me such a wonderful place to live, close to work so I don't have to be away from her too much, close to family, and a great, relaxing environment. So the past few weeks have been filled with joy, stress, uncertainty, etc. It's been a good distraction, ouh, because all of a sudden, i needed to pack to go to Haiti and meet my baby! I've been thinking about how blessed I am in that respect. I get to make my dreams come true by adopting a beautiful little angel of a girl. Eventhough I won't be bringing her home for a while, I get the chance to see her, hold her as a baby. What a blessing! I wouldn't give is week up for anything. I'll savor every moment and enjoy learning about her every sound and facial expression. I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment