Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

The time has come

Two more days until I get to pick my baby up from the orphange and never take her back there.  I am so excited!  The plan is to get her at the orphanage, we'll go to the visa appointment at the embassy on Wednesday morning, then wait for all the paperwork to come.  Family and friends are going to meet us at the airport when we arrive over the weekend. 

I just can't believe the time has come.  This past week has been insanely busy.  I just got back from 2 weeks in England.  I was unpacking from that trip..and adjusting to the new time zone.. packing for this trip.  I've never packed for a baby before.  There are so many things to think about.  I hope I have enough hands.  I think I've brought an entire medicine cabinet, "just in case".  I've brought gifts for everyone in Haiti.  I made nice little gift bags with watches, bracelets, earings, and candy for her nannies (14 of them).  I made a photo book for her birth mother.  I'm trying to arrange a birth mother visit.  I've also packed an empty photo book so when I send pictures down to Haiti, the birth mother can have an album to put them in.  I've brought gifts for my good friend, Domond, and his family.  They have hosted me, taken me around to places, and been there when I needed them.  I am grateful. 

At this point my head is spinning.  I think I've checked everything off of all the lists I had to get done.  I have one more day of work, then I'll leave for Chicago tomorrow night.  My friend Becky will come and hang out with me while I'm in Chicago.  It's awesome that I met Becky before I started this journey.  She helped me a lot in December when I had to rush to Haiti.  I'll see her as I go on this trip.. and she and Jenni will be in Indy when the baby and I come to Indianapolis next week!  So great! 

So I've checked things off my list.. at this point, it's time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.  I am so excited to see her again.  Sophia.  Since I'm not a good blogger, I can't remember if I mentioned that before.  I've decided to name her Sophia.  I'm so excited to see Sophia again.  She will not be an orphan in two days.  wow.  amazing.  I'm also so very excited to bring Sophia into my family.  I can't wait for them all to meet her.  They've been hearing all about her and seeing pictures..but wow, meeting her after all this time. 

I am amazed this moment has finally come.  After all the roadblocks that have been in the way throughout this process.  This is our week, Sophia!  No more goodbyes!

1 comment:

  1. There was a moment that my friend told me to have us visa application because she wants me to live with her, but I really don’t have any idea about this such things so I recognized that your works fit in my needs so I thank you so much and God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete