Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, December 19, 2011

One step closer to knowing about her!

So I talked to my agency today. There is an infant girl at each of their orphanages. I told him that I'd prefer the younger. So I found out that she is 3 months old! She's at maison d enfantes orphanage. I don't know her name ( he wouldn't tell me). I know she's "healthy", I added quotes because how much can you know when she's 3 months... Also how much do you trust from a Haitian dr who works for the orphanage? Just like any baby born to any mother, you don't really know what God will give you.

He promised me that in about a month she'll have her paperwork done. Then I'll receive the official referral. At that time, she would officially be in the adoption process with me. I'd be able to know more about her and the life she comes from. A few months after that I'll go to Haiti and appear before a judge. I'll also get some time to meet my Haitian sensation! Her parents are both alive and I might be meeting them too during that visit. He said the whole process would take around 15 months (after my referral). I've been researching on the internet and found several who have done it in 9 months...so I'm trying to understand the differences.

So good news! Every little step counts!